Oxford Rotary Club offers internships to students in health care

Photo provided by the Oxford Rotary Club

Talawanda students Daniel Sawdei and Taonanyasha Banda receive summer healthcare internships from the Oxford Rotary Club.

The Oxford Rotary Club has selected Talawanda High School students Taonanyasha Banda and Daniel Sawdei to participate in the organization’s first summer healthcare internships at McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital.

Oxford Rotary is seeking to create health care career opportunities for Oxford-area youth due to the growing importance of global quality health care, according to a press release from the Rotary Club. The internships provide valuable paid-work experience for eight weeks during the summer for students who are juniors or seniors.

The interns will be able to rotate through different departments at the hospital or choose a single area of interest, such as radiology, oncology, pharmacy or surgery. They will be mentored by a TriHealth education specialist and an on-site Rotarian, as well as the TriHealth human resource team.

Banda and Sawdei were selected through an application process and personal interviews in which they expressed deep interest in pursuing careers in healthcare, according to the Rotary Club.