Local students receive nursing scholarships from Tri-Health

The Auxiliary of McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital/Tri-Health has awarded $3,000 scholarships to three local students who are now, or soon will be, working toward degrees in nursing. 

A selection committee chose the recipients from among 15 applicants, based on criteria including academic performance, application essay, leadership ability and financial need.

Photo provided by the Auxiliary of McCullough-Hyde Hospital/TriHealth

This year’s recipients are: 

Siesta Bailey — Somerville, Ohio

Bailey, a senior  at Talawanda High School, has a passion

for horses and spends a great deal of time teaching young children horseback riding. She told the judges that she wanted to take what she had learned through personal loss early in her life and apply it to becoming a nurse so she can help save lives. She will attend Miami University in the fall.

Michael Croy — Liberty Township, Ohio

Croy attends the nursing program at Miami University where he carries a 3.87 GPA. He also works as a tutor for biology, chemistry and microbiology students. He also further served the community by volunteering to assist at the COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Clinic at Miami University. He will be back at Miami University in the fall and told the judges he hopes to become a nurse anesthetist one day.

Kimberly Clark – College Corner, Ohio

A senior at Talawanda High School, Clark will attend Miami University in the fall with the hopes of becoming a labor and delivery nurse. Clark also works for the school’s television channel where she is known for her excellent public speaking skills.

The scholarships are funded in part by gifts sent to the Auxiliary in memory of, or appreciation of, designated individuals.