Exhibition features photography by Marshall students

Fiona Lawler

This photo of a bouquet Mya Cosby, a fifth grade student, is one of 15 pictures in an exhibition by Marshall Elementary School students on display at the Oxford Community Arts Center.

A photography exhibit of Marshall Elementary School students’ work is on display from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday, until Nov. 6, at the Oxford Community Arts Center, 10 S. College Ave.

The display is on exhibit just inside the front door of the center. The photographs come from the students’ digital photography lessons being taught this semester during online art classes. The exhibit consists of 15 original photos chosen from more than 100 pieces generated by the students, said art teacher Samantha French.

Each photo reveals specific elements of photography the students learned and wanted to highlight, including perspective, lighting, shadows, framing and texture. To inspire their work, students studied the photography of famous photographic artists including Ansel Adams, Dorothea Lange and Andy Goldsworthy.